Sunday, April 27, 2014

It's about to get a little sappy

 

One year ago today I said "I do" to my fantastic husband. I still remember the feeling of anxiety and excitement as I was getting my hair and makeup done with my closest friends.
I couldn't wait to just get there and get things started. Everything seemed to be taking FOREVER. It really was the longest morning of my life. If I could have jumped in my car and driven myself I probably would have. Alas, my big poofy dress would not allow. I tried to stay calm. Tried to breathe. Harder than you would think in a corset with a bundle of nerves squirming around inside me. But as soon as we got to the venue, I immediately relaxed. We chose to do a first look and that was honestly the BEST decision out of all the thousands of tiny decisions we I had to make. Once I got to see my husband- to-be, all the nerves went away. We had some fun taking pictures and just holding hands.



The rest of the day really did go by in a blur. After months and months of planning watching all the details come together was a lot of fun for me too. Not everything was perfect. And that's OK. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE PERFECT TO BE BEAUTIFUL. The crayons for the kids' activities books melted. I was so worried about it raining that I honestly gave no thought to it being too HOT. Hence the reason just about everyone got a little bit sunburnt (including me). We had no plates to serve our adorable cutting cake.

So we winged it with some napkins until our fantastic coordinator Liz took over. Check her out here, she was fabulous and the day would not have been so smooth without her! Ain't no body got time to hand out cake to a bunch of hungry kids! That is why we had cupcakes for everyone else, another genius idea. Speaking of which we had the BEST baker Mili from Mili's Sweets. She has the MOST amazing flavors. Ours were bananas foster, keywest, and creme brulee. They paired perfectly with the fresh mini churros from our delicious food truck! Seriously guys, if you are planning a wedding or really any event, I highly recommend going the food truck route. The food is fresh, unique, and fun. Each guest got to chose an entry from pulled pork tacos, fried chicken sandwich, and grass fed beef burger. I'm salivating just thinking about it. If you are in the San Diego area you should check out Miho Gastrotruck!
 
Our photographer Tracy was also another win for us. She was everywhere at all times without being noticed. Seriously like a photo ninja. AND she got my husband to loosen up and crack a smile (along with some other entertaining faces). Anyone that can do that gets an A+ in my book. I am so glad we went with Once Like a Spark photography. They have photographers all over the country and throughout the entire process I felt like I was dealing with close friends (who also happened to run a photography business).
 
One of my absolute favorite moments of the entire day was my husband dancing with his Grandma. She just turned 90 and is the most adorable little thing I've ever seen. So glad I get to call her Grandma now too. But she's not just sweet, she's totally spunky. And here's proof:
Pure awesomeness
 
When it came time for everyone to say goodbye, I could hardly believe it was over. I was exhausted. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much. I was SO ready to get out of that dress and into something comfortable. I couldn't wait to wash my feet since I spent most of the day barefoot. But if there's anything better than walking in the grass barefoot at YOUR wedding and knowing that all your hard work and stress has finally come to fruition, then I dont know what it is. I danced. I laughed. I loved every minute of it. And at the end of the day I got to leave with the man I'm going to spend the rest of my life with. Doesn't get much better than that. I am so lucky.
  
But the day would not have been complete without our two fur babies, Cooper and Georgia. The first thing we did when we got home was give them some love.
 

 Happy Anniversary Honey!



No comments:

Post a Comment