Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Cinco de Mayo recap

So I'm a little behind on my blogging and this recap may seem a little late, but better late than never right? I took a doctor's-orders break from blogging for a few days, more on that here. Anyway, I wanted to share a fun local spot that I went to last week for the first time. En Fuego Cantina in Del Mar is a great place to share some strawberry margaritas or enjoy a taco Tuesday if you live in San Diego County. It's within walking distance of tons of other little fun spots like Crepes and Corks and Jimmy O's.
Thirsty? 

My friends and I were celebrating both a birthday and Cinco de Mayo, which for most people is just an excuse to drink and eat Mexican food, do you really need a reason? I digress. Even though it was the biggest Mexican-American (more like Ameri-Mexican) holiday of the year, we were able to get a table on the upstairs patio. The weather was perfect and from our table we could almost see the sunset over the ocean.
The bar below was slowly filling up. 
And we even saw a glimpse of our future selves. I'm the blonde in the yellow sweater, naturally. And you can't tell, but the redhead in the white has some pretty blue lips. You had to see it to believe it. 
The food was delish! I'd highly recommend the calamari tacos. Lightly breaded but not too heavy. The quesadilla and nachos were also quickly devoured. 
We of course HAD to sample the desserts. The churro stack was my personal favorite. The Mexican chocolate brownie wasn't too shabby either. 

Great atmosphere. Great location. Great company. 
We even had a little photo session with the Most Interesting Man in the World. 

What's your favorite local spot for a great margarita and a great time? 

No comments:

Post a Comment